Saturday, December 14, 2013

Letting go

We are in the midst of the holiday season. The one time of the year that our houses fill with family that you only see once a year, way more food than we could ever eat, and smells of cinnamon and nutmeg.

This year I got to host Thanksgiving! First time ever. I had help though. We planned the meal out and did most of the cooking the day before. There was no stress, no rush. Just cooking.

I let go of the idea of a perfectly decorated spread.

I let go of gourmet dishes.

I let go of the notion of angelic children.

I let go of the idea of thanksgiving homeschool projects.

I let go of things going my way.

And it was enjoyable. I enjoyed serving healthy food, yummy desserts, and spending time with family. We managed to squeeze in Charlie Brown's Mayflower movie. And we took a family trip to a nearby working ranch festival thing. (www.homesteadheritage.com)

Here is to letting go this holiday season and remembering the reason for the season. Focus on Jesus Christ, not what the neighbors are doing. And don't spend too much time on pinterest. ;)



(This is a picture from last year, but it was perfect for "letting go". ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment