Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Disconnected, Separated, and Reconnecting

This year didn't go in the way I thought, but when does it ever? As much as we plan, the Lord ultimately has control. I haven't blogged in a while. Finding time among the chaos is hard enough, but I've been disconnected from the world wide web for four weeks! Four weeks people! I have to say it wasn't total torture because of the wonderful thing called a tablet with 4G! But it just isn't the same as being able to sit down and work at a full computer.

For those that have been following my crazy life, we had been living four hours north of my where my husband is stationed. He would visit occasionally, which made it better than a deployment, but separation is never easy. Life at Isaiah's Place is a wonderful thing and an amazing opportunity. My kids loved the freedom of country life, Short Stuff was in her "element", and I had the great company of two beloved friends. But a family separated is never healthy, no matter how worthy the reason.

So we packed up our 35' camper, said our good-byes, and moved down south to be closer to dad. Two weeks we camped out at family and visited. The third week we cleaned and painted the rent house. And the fourth week . . . we spent eight+ hours on the road one saturday loading and unloading our belongings, putting everything in its place and unpacking, and making another trip to Isaiah's Place. Ahhh . . . I can breathe a little now.
Photo courtesy of Dina Lea Photography

But this move brought with it a new separation. Short Stuff is now living at Isaiah's Place. And loving it, I might add. We reconnected with dad, but lost Short Stuff. This mama has had to let go a little sooner than normal, but she is such her mother's child. She thrives with independence and Isaiah's Place offers a perfect environment: a combination of access to communication and horses! She does her school work independently and with Diane. She loves having control of her schedule, since she is much more OCD than me. Life without her is different and required some adjusting, but we are all doing well.


Now that we are settled yet again, I am trying to bring some normalacy to life. Get a schedule going. Trying to teach the olders while the youngers stay busy. Support my husband while he finishes school. And enjoy being together.



No comments:

Post a Comment