Friday, September 27, 2013

Chocolate . . . Homemade

I want this blog journal to be full of my life and a huge part of my life is cooking . . . and chocolate. So the first recipe I will share is my homemade chocolate syrup. I love a good glass of chocolate milk, but want to avoid all the artificial-ness of store bought syrup. I make my syrup from raw organic agave. It isn't really the best sweetener out there, but it makes a great syrup and isn't as bad as white sugar or corn syrup. This is one of those middle of the road sweets.


Homemade Chocolate Syrup

1 cup hot water
1 cup raw organic agave
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t salt

Combine and whisk together to remove all lumps. Refrigerate.

I used it in my coffee this morning. Goes great on ice cream, but I typically vote for my homemade crackle topping on ice cream. Hmmm . . . maybe another recipe I need to share.

Although there really isn't any great recipe to share there. Melt a handful of chocolate chips with a little bit of virgin coconut oil. When you pour it on ice cream it hardens quickly because of the coconut oil. :)

2 comments: