Monday, November 4, 2013

A Life of Ministry

We are finally settling into a routine here at Isaiah's Place. We busy ourselves with events on weekends, vocational opportunities for my high schooler, school for the others and ranch duties. But living here in the midst of serving people, I am reminded of the ministry I have been called to.

I love being a part of this deaf ministry. I love helping Diane reach her goals and dreams. I love making people happy after enjoying a home cooked meal. I love my kids being able to serve here too. But my first ministry is that to my home, my husband and my children.


Kirk Cameron posted a beautiful blog by J.R. Miller that really encouraged and reminded me to stay the course and put my home ministry first. You can read that here.


Home happiness depends on the wife.

Her spirit gives the home its atmosphere.

Her hands fashion its beauty.

Her heart makes its love.


Of course I want that! Of course I want to be the provider of all that to my family! So as much as I love Isaiah's Place, I must make my family ministry my priority. And part of that is met thru Isaiah's Place, but I must not let it take over. I am writing this blog post mainly to myself as a reminder, but for those that have made it this far, I pray it has served as a reminder for you too.

My home may be small and on wheels, but I can still make it beautiful, inviting, and peaceful. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great and much needed reminder! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys too!! Love being able to follow you on fb!

      Delete